Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Everybody Wants to Rule the World

The lyrics as I heard them by Andy Bull for Like a Version

Welcome to your life
There's no turning back
Even while you sleep
We will find you
Acting on your best behaviour
turn your back on Mother Nature
Everybody wants to rule the world

It's my own advice*
it's my only voice*
Help me to decide
how to make the most
of freedom and of pleasure
I know that nothing ever lasts for ever
and everyone wants to rule the world

There's a room where the light won't find you
Or no hands when the walls come tumbling down*
when they do, I'll be right beside you
So glad we almost made it
so sad they had to fade it
everybody wants to rule the world.

I can't stand this indecision
or is it the lack of vision
everybody wants to rule the world

Say that you'll never never ever ever need it
one headline why believe it
when everybody wants to rule the world

wants to rule the world

*not quite right

Thank you Tears for Fears for these lyrics that resonate in the way that only a good 80s track can - easy to sing along to and profound in the cheesiest but most satisfying of ways. Mmm cheese :)

No comments:

Post a Comment